Saturday, February 25, 2012

Pokemon Tower Defense

So I have played all the Pokemon games. and I mean ALL OF THEM. Or at least I thought I had. I stumbled across this little bad boy a few weeks ago and just now got around to playing it.

HOLY CRAP

It combines two of my favorite gaming elements. Pokemon and Pokemon (bet you thought I was going to say tower defense). It meshes Tower Defense and Pokemon together almost flawlessly. You get to choose one of the three starters and you can capture Pokemon along the way. Fucking perfect.

Whats great is that when you go to catch Pokemon, it only needs to get down to the red, no Sleep or Paralyze status needed and no button mashing either.

As your Pokemon progress in levels (which requires money to activate), they gain more attacks (duh). Now non-damaging attacks, such as Sand-attack and String Shot are key to winning certain maps. These attacks allow you to slow down, decrease the defense and prevent enemy Pokemon from carrying certain items.

Now the main "story" , if you can call it that, is to prevent Team Rocket's Pokemon from stealing the rare candies. Original, I know.

This game is great. gives a fresh edge to the Tower Defense genre. For sure something to check out.



0 comments:

Post a Comment